Modern Pink Plate Restored with Kintsugi (23 kt gold, from Japan)
This broken plate was repaired using traditional kintsugi techniques. All the ingredients used for the repair process are natural and food safe.
The repair of this plate was completed by our kintsugi artist in Aug. 2021 at Traditional Kintsugi Shop TSUGU TSUGU, Tokyo, Japan.
Features: This pink plate was broken into multiple pieces and had chips when it arrived at our studio. We put the broken parts back together and filled the chips using a natural Japanese lacquer called "Urushi." The repaired cracks were then dusted with genuine gold powder (23 kt).
■ Size 17.5 cm x 13.5 cm x 2 cm
■ Era: Contemporary
■ Area of Production: Unknown
■ Types of Pottery (Intention to Use): Plate, Decoration
How to care for an item repaired with kintsugi:
Items repaired using traditional kintsugi techniques should be treated with the same care as traditional lacquerware.
Please note the following:
1. Fractured points repaired with urushi lacquer become stronger as time passes. It is recommended that you start using the item several months after this item was repaired.
2. Do not place an item repaired with kintsugi in a microwave, a dishwasher, an oven or an open fire.
3. Hand-washing is advised. Make sure to wash your repaired item gently and avoid scrubbing around the repaired cracks.
4. Be careful not to scratch the repaired parts when using sharp cutlery such as forks and knives.
5. Please make sure that the parts repaired with urushi lacquer are not damaged by other plates and cups when storing your tableware on your cupboard shelves.
6. Do not place the repaired item in a fridge for too long.
7. Do not soak the repaired item in water for too long.
8. Store the item in a place where it is not directly exposed to sunlight.
The restoration of this item took several months and we poured all our heart into it. We hope that this little kintsugi piece of art repaired by our hands will bring you joy in your daily life.
It takes about 6-10 days on average. There may be shipping restrictions and delays due to sudden changes in legislation and COVID-19. Please contact us to check if we can ship our products to your country.
Notes: We cannot ship to P.O. boxes.
For the customers residing within the EU: Following the recent rule change regarding custom clearance and VAT payment for products bought online, we have put in place a smooth export system for orders under 150 euro (excl. shipping fee). There is no change for orders above 150 euros: we can ship you our kits but you will most likely have to go to your local custom office to pay applicable taxes and duty.