Flowery Vessel from Meiji-era Repaired with Kintsugi
Flowery vessel from Meiji-era (the end of the 19th century) repaired with traditional kintsugi (urushi lacquer and gold powder). All ingredients used for the repair are natural ingredients and food safe.
Features: Vessel with two cracks. Since this is a real ancient cup and was already broken when we obtained it, there are some old stains which cannot be removed. (See photos; a wide stain attached on the back side of the cup)
We finished repairing this item in April 2021 in Traditional Kintsugi Shop TSUGUTSUGU, Japan.
■ Product Details:
- Product Code : #004
- Size: 11.5cm x 8.8 cm, Height 5.5 cm
■ How to care for a kintsugi item:
The item should be treated with the same care as lacquerware. Please note the following:
1. Parts repaired with urushi become stronger as time passes. It is recommended you start using the item after a number of months after this item was repaired.
2. Wash the repaired part gently and avoid scrubbing.
3. Do not place it in a microwave, dishwasher, oven, or open fire.
4. Do not touch the repaired part with sharp cutlery such as forks and knives.
5. Keep the repaired part away from other plates when you stack the repaired item.
6. Do not place the repaired item in a refrigerator for long.
7. Do not soak the repaired part in water for long.
8. Store it by avoiding exposure to sunlight.
Since this item was repaired by hand with all our heart over several months,
we hope you enjoy your life with this beautiful hand-made kintsugi item. Thank you.
■ Shipping worldwide
It takes about 6-10 days on average. There may be shipping restrictions and delays due to sudden changes in legislation and COVID-19. Please contact us to check if we can ship our products to your country.
For the customers residing within the EU: Following the recent rule change regarding custom clearance and VAT payment for products bought online, we have put in place a smooth export system for orders under 150 euro (excl. shipping fee). There is no change for orders above 150 euros: we can ship you our kits but you will most likely have to go to your local custom office to pay applicable taxes and duty.
We cannot ship to P.O. boxes.